Background 1

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Joey's 1st Hike

After almost nine months, Gary and I felt it was time for our first real big hike with Joey. Let me tell you, it felt great to get out there. Once we got out on the trail, I started feeling a little bit like my "old self" again. Every now and then there are glimpses of that girl....this was one of them. What makes it even sweeter, is that I got to spend that time with my son and hubby. Life couldn't have been better on this day. 

We drove up to Estes Park, and found the Gem Lake Trail head. It was about four miles round trip. It was difficult for us, since we haven't been hiking in some time. We had to stop a few times and catch our breath. The air was thinner up there around 7800 feet elevation. The trail was beautiful, a lot of wild flowers and ginormous rocks. We were so excited to finally get up to the Lake. It was small, but it was gorgeous. I felt so alive. The fresh mountain air was good for the soul. 

Joey loved every minute. It started to rain a bit on the way back down, but that didn't seem to bother him...he just fell asleep on his daddy's back. That was a picture I will keep in my heart forever. I am so blessed. God is great, life is good.




















No comments:

Post a Comment