Background 1

Monday, July 15, 2013

Good-bye Facebook (once and for all) ;o)

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think I am ready to deactivate my Facebook account. I feel somewhere inside of me that there is just too much time I spend reporting my life and looking at everyone elses life, rather than simply living it. Part of me feels like I am missing out on some great things by always being hooked up to everyone and everything. 

Not only do I feel like I might be missing out on some quality time with my loved ones, I also feel a bit two-faced. I only try to post inspiring, thoughtful and happy thoughts on Facebook, and sometimes that is just not life. Sometimes, life is downright hard...sometimes, I cry, I complain, and and behave like I'm ten, but I would never post that stuff. Those of you that really know me, know that I have my bad days and know when I can be a pain in the neck, but those of you who merely know me on Facebook, don't really know me at all...you get the best side of me, most of the time. It has started feeling fake and one thing I really can't stand is fake.

So, for now, I will go back to pre-Facebook, Julie. She is pretty cool and much more dynamic, thoughtful and real than the girl who you all see through a filter, my filter. Get to know me for real, and decide if you really like me. If not, that's OK too but at least it's real. 

I plan to deactivate my account next week, and will continue to blog about fun stuff we are doing so that anyone who is interested in keeping up with us in Colorado and seeing our little Joey man grow are more than welcome to come follow along via this blog. (There should be a "follow me" button on the blog page).

If you want to stay in touch, via email or text inbox me and we'll exchange contact info. :)


Hugs!


Jules





1 comment:

  1. You inspire me! What a great realization of how fake we have all become because of facebook..I used to be real but know I find myself holding back because I might offend a "friend"...I also hold the fear that if I leave who will I talk to! Sad but true! I love reading about your beautiful family....
    P.s I cant find the follow me button! Xoxox Oliviya

    ReplyDelete