Background 1

Monday, March 4, 2013

Two a.m.

This is a poem I wrote in January while breastfeeding our little man at two a.m. I wanted to make sure I put it on our blog, so it doesn't get lost on Facebook.

Two a.m.

Holding your hand is all I need,
To get me through another feed.
Up with you at two a.m.,
'Cause I'm your mom that's who I am.

As you grow, I watch with love.
I pull you close, thank God above.
Near to my heart while you eat,
I love those little hands and feet.

Your love for me keeps me going.
Late at night, the clock is showing...
Two a.m., It seems so late.
I wouldn't give it up, it's our little date.

It will never be too late for me,
Just let me know, and you will be...
Held tight with love, warmth and care,
'Cause I'm your mom, that's why I'm here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment